Please note that these reviews are generated by users and do not reflect the opinion of the ExtrAct group.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE (the “LRC Site” or the “Site”), OR YOUR PROVISION TO US OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND ANY SUBSEQUENT CHANGES TO THESE TERMS; DO NOT USE THE SITE OR PROVIDE INFORMATION IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE TERMS.
- General Description
- Landman Report Card ("LRC") provides tools to learn about landmen and their companies through searching and reading reviews submitted by users. It also allows users to submit their own reviews, contact other users and use the Site as a diary of interactions with this industry.
- The LRC may change the Terms from time to time, at LRC's sole discretion. Your continued use of this website following the posting of such changes will constitute your assent to all such changes. Please periodically visit this section of the Site to review the current version of the Terms.
- Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liabilities
- THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE LRC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE SITE'S OPERATION OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LRC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- To utilize the Site, or certain portions thereof, you may be required to complete a registration process and establish an account with the LRC ("LRC Account"). You represent and warrant that all information provided by you to the LRC is current, accurate, and complete, and that you will maintain the accuracy and completeness of this information on a prompt, timely basis.
- Password and Security
- As a registered user of the LRC Site, you may receive or establish one or more passwords. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password(s) and LRC Account(s). You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for all actions and postings made from your LRC Account(s). Any accounts you create are not transferable. You agree to notify the LRC immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your LRC Account(s).
- The LRC reserves the right to terminate your LRC Account or restrict access to your LRC Account, or to delete any content posted through your LRC Account, with or without notice, in its sole discretion, and without any liability to you.
- You understand that material made available by the LRC is a product of a community effort and does not necessarily represent the view of the LRC. The LRC assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, suitability, or completeness of any content provided.
- You understand that the LRC has not and cannot review all material made available through websites linked or linking to any part of the Site. You also understand that no such linking implies in any way that the LRC endorses or is affiliated with any third-party website. You agree that the LRC bears no responsibility or liability for any content accessed or harm caused from any third-party website.
- By posting or contributing content to the LRC Site, you are granting the LRC a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and worldwide license to use your content in connection with the operation of the Site, including, without limitation, the license rights to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your content, and/or to incorporate it into a collective work.
- Any content that you post or contribute to LRC should be relevant to the subject scope of the LRC. Such content shall not be illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or otherwise injurious or objectionable. Among other such content, you should not post flaming speech intended to degrade or affect the dignity of another, spam or content not related to your experience with the oil and gas industry, or libel. You shall not engage in “astroturfing” or otherwise make yourself out to be someone other than who you are.
- The LRC does not pre-screen or regularly review any contributed content, but the LRC has the right (though not the obligation) to remove, in its sole discretion and without notice, any content posted which the LRC considers, in its sole discretion , to violate these Terms or to be outside the subject scope of the LRC Site. The LRC may terminate any account, in its sole discretion and with or without notice, for posting such content.
- Moderator System
- The LRC maintains a Moderator System. Certain members of the community have been appointed as Moderators. Moderators may, but are not obligated to, remove contributions that do not meet the guidelines described in Section IV(d)(i) in order to prevent such contributions from impeding the open dialogue which LRC encourages. A Moderator may move a report card to the LRC graveyard, remove a flag from a report card or block a user from making additional contributions if the user or the user’s contributions violate these Terms or fail to meet the guidelines described in Section IV(d)(i). The user will be notified by email, or through their LRC account if no email was provided, if a Moderator has taken action on a user’s account.
- User Representations and Warranties
- By posting any content, you represent and warrant that you have all right, title, and interest to such posted content, including but not limited to any consent, authorization, release, clearance or license from any third party (such as, but not limited to, any release related to rights of privacy or publicity) necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the content, and that posting such content does not violate or constitute the infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, moral rights, or other intellectual property right recognized by any applicable jurisdiction of any person or entity, or otherwise constitute the breach of any agreement with any other person or entity. You further represent and warrant that you are who you say you are, that you have not submitted fictitious, false or inaccurate information about yourself, and that all information contained in the posted content is true and your own work or work you are authorized to submit, and that the posted content does not contain any threatening, harassing, libelous, false, defamatory, offensive, obscene, or pornographic, material, or other material that would violate any other applicable law or regulation. You agree that you will not knowingly and with intent to defraud provide material and misleading information. You represent and warrant that the content you supply does not violate the Terms.
- You acknowledge and agree to indemnify and hold the LRC, their affiliates, officers, employees and agents, harmless, including costs and attorneys' fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site, your violation of these Terms, or the infringement by you or made under your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
- Commenting Guidelines
- Please read our commenting guidelines, which are incorporated herein by reference.
- The LRC reserves the right to change, at any time, in its sole discretion, the Terms under which the LRC Site is offered. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms. Your continued use of the LRC Site constitutes your agreement to all such Terms.
- Termination of service
- The LRC disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the LRC Site or any software provided through the Site. The LRC reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site or access to the Site without any notice at any time and without any liability to you.
- Extent of terms
- The Terms apply to use of and contribution to the LRC website and any account provided therefore. The LRC may operate additional projects or services that require separate or additional terms. Such different terms are made available through the individual project or service and are not addressed further herein.
- No Waiver of Terms
- Failure of the LRC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision in that or any other instance.
- Governing Law and Entire Agreement
- These Terms are governed by the laws of Massachusetts, without regard to the rules of conflict of law that may cause the laws of another jurisdiction to apply. You agree to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal or state courts of the state of Massachusetts in the event of any dispute of any kind arising from or relating to the Site, or your use or review of it. The Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of these Terms to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.